GREEN Portage Lakes Career Center (PLCC) Superintendent Benjamin Moore reported the junior class numbers for the fall are up about 5 percent from last year at this time during the March 16 Board of Education meeting.
“Couple that with the fact that the current 10th grade class’ population from the four districts is down five percent, we are pulling even more kids from a smaller population,” said Moore, who pointed out that there is a growing demand for the programs offered at PLCC. “Overall, it looks very good.”
Students win scholarships
Automotive Technology students Charlie Brown and Justin Zickefoose competed at the February 26th Greater Cleveland Automotive Technology Competition at the IX Center and came home with the first place trophy as well as a $5,000 scholarship for each of them. Associate Principal for Student Services Veronica Bernel said the PLCC staff are very proud of the talented young men.
Bernel said congratulations are also in order for students earning a medal at the Regional Skills USA competition held at Trumbull County Career Technical Center on Feb. 25. These students will be heading to Columbus to state competition in April:
– Cassandra Akins, Photography: Gold
– Victoria Brenzie, Health Knowledge Bowl: Gold
– Kaitlyn Bunner, Medical Math: Bronze
– Nathanial Caporini, Architectural Drafting: Gold
– Emily Cornelius, Extemporaneus Speaking: Gold
– Christopher DeMoss, Medical Terminology: Gold
– Austin Elkins, Job Interview: Silver
– Dennis Galbreath, Advertising Design: Gold
– Matthew Lacy, Industrial Motor Control: Gold
– Emily Mobley, Customer Service: Silver
– Julia Okolish, Health Knowledge Bowl: Gold
– Nick Robinson, Technical Drafting: Silver
– Gabriella Smith, Health Knowledge Bowl: Gold
– Abygale Unrue, Basic Health Care Skills: Silver
– Katie Wood, Job Skills Demo A: Silver
– Kylee Wood, Job Skills Demo Open: Silver
– Sierra Moles, Health Knowledge Bowl: Gold
The Career Center students of the month are:
– Jacob Gula, Engineering Technology – Coventry
– Joseph Pekar, Programming & Software Development – Manchester
– Jacob Seiler, Network Computer Technology – Green
Placement Student of the Month: Chad Somerville, Facility Operations and Maintenance – Springfield
Employer: Toth Buick GMC
In other news:
– Moore also said the board scholarship committee met and determined that the board will offer two $500 scholarships.
– Treasurer Chris Wright said adjustments to the forecast are being made and it will be presented at the May meeting for board approval. Due to the state budget being negotiated in Columbus and PLCC settling negotiations, it will take some time to get all the numbers needed to finalize the forecast.
– Approved the following Adult Education tuition rates: Phlebotomy Technician $1,795; Automotive Service Technician $7,995; Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning and Refrigeration $7,995; Welding Technology $7,995; Diversified Medical Insurance Billing Coding Technician $8,495; Medical Assisting $8,995; Practical Nursing $12,995; Cosmetology (2018 start) $14,995.
– Approved a one-year limited Adult Educations Staff contract for Cathleen Haag, practical nursing part-time clinical instructor, at $28 per hour with 900 hours maximum and no benefits; and Reed Kimball as a substitute.
– Accepted an equipment donation of several computers from Environmental Design Group. The purpose is for instructional use by the Network Computer Technology Program.
– Revised job descriptions for administrative assistant and practical nursing part-time clinical instructor.
– Made an equipment purchase from Martin Public Seating (KI) for furniture in the amount of $71,905.63.
The board entered Executive Session to consider the appointment, employment, discipline, promotion, demotion or compensation of an employee or official of the school district. No action was taken.
The next regular scheduled meeting will be held at 6 p.m. April 20 at the school, 4401 Shriver Road.
What Will Toth Buick Gmc Be Like In The Next 50 Years? | toth buick gmc – toth buick gmc
| Encouraged to our website, in this particular moment I will provide you with regarding keyword. And from now on, this can be a very first picture:
What about impression earlier mentioned? will be that will wonderful???. if you’re more dedicated and so, I’l m teach you a few photograph once more under:
So, if you wish to secure all these amazing shots related to (What Will Toth Buick Gmc Be Like In The Next 50 Years? | toth buick gmc), press save icon to store these pics for your laptop. These are available for transfer, if you love and wish to grab it, click save badge on the web page, and it’ll be immediately saved to your desktop computer.} Finally if you would like obtain new and recent graphic related to (What Will Toth Buick Gmc Be Like In The Next 50 Years? | toth buick gmc), please follow us on google plus or book mark this page, we attempt our best to provide regular up-date with fresh and new pics. We do hope you enjoy keeping right here. For most up-dates and recent information about (What Will Toth Buick Gmc Be Like In The Next 50 Years? | toth buick gmc) pictures, please kindly follow us on twitter, path, Instagram and google plus, or you mark this page on book mark section, We try to give you update regularly with all new and fresh pictures, enjoy your searching, and find the perfect for you.
Here you are at our website, contentabove (What Will Toth Buick Gmc Be Like In The Next 50 Years? | toth buick gmc) published . Nowadays we are excited to declare that we have discovered a veryinteresting contentto be reviewed, that is (What Will Toth Buick Gmc Be Like In The Next 50 Years? | toth buick gmc) Many people attempting to find specifics of(What Will Toth Buick Gmc Be Like In The Next 50 Years? | toth buick gmc) and of course one of them is you, is not it?